Coming soon to CSS
New features are arriving in our browsers faster these days, and in this talk Rachel Andrew shares some of the new CSS which is landing in browsers right now. Including native masonry layout, aspect-ratio units, container queries, and more. Find out what’s ready to use, and what is coming soon to the web platform.
Rachel Andrew works for Google as a technical writer, and content lead for Chrome Web DevRel working on web.dev and the Chrome Developers site. She is a front and back-end web developer, author and speaker, author or co-author of 22 books including The New CSS Layout and a regular contributor to a number of publications both on and offline. Rachel is a Member of the CSS Working Group, and can be found posting photos of her cats on Twitter as @rachelandrew.
- Slide, code examples & further resources
- TablesNG Resolves 72 Chromium Bugs for Better Interoperability
- RenderingNG, Ready for the next generation of web content
- Leading-Trim: The Future of Digital Typesetting - How an emerging CSS standard can fix old problems and raise the bar for web apps
- CSS Container Queries on MDN
- CSS Working Group Issuetracker
- web-platform-tests documentation